Thursday, April 26, 2012

Makeup that I recently bought and liked

I don't even know how to start this post. I've been procrastinating to write on here and I'm not even sure why. I could've written this yesterday but by the time I was ready (all the pictures from my phone had loaded onto my computer) it was 2 am and I wasn't going to sit here until 4 am typing away.

Anyway. Since my life is basically at a stand still when it comes to excitement, I'll talk about shopping, music and some personal crap that is REALLY boring, even to me.

I just noticed earlier that I haven't been shopping for clothes in months and that made me a little sad. Maybe before the summer officially starts my mom will be willing to go out and splurge a bit with me.

Aside from that I have been shopping for other people and for makeup (which has also been neglected wtf). My package from honeycolor finally came it. I got the Dolly Wink No. 2 Sweet Girly and Decolog Who's in Dolly.


Neither of those are natural looking, which is a good thing. I have yet to actually wear them out so I think I'll try them out tonight when I go to driving school.

I also picked up some much needed makeup products:
I love these setting sprays by Urban Decay! I had the original all-nighter but decided to try this one since I do get oily on my t-zone during the day. So far I've noticed that it leaves a weird film on my forehead if I just spritz it on and don't put on foundation. However, it takes longer for my nose to become oily. I haven't tried this with my MAC foundation though so yeah.
This is my absolute favorite bronzer EVER. It is matte and dark. It is a bit pricey but it lasts forever, smells like chocolate, and gives me nice color without making me look orange or like I sprayed gold glitter on my face. I do like shimmery bronzer but only during the summer. Which reminds me, I'll be needing to find one pretty soon. Maybe I'll try MAC's mineralize skinfinish in gold deposit. I don't know. I'll see what people are raving about before I go out and spend $30 on any other bronzer.
Since so many people swear this is a great concealer for a low price I decided to pick it up. I think it's a bit too light for me but if I put it over foundation it covers the darkness leftover and adds a nice light that doesn't highlight the circles. I really like it after playing around with it for a while. I'll go pick up a color up and see how well that works alone. Maybe.
Now this stuff is beautiful. I got in Tiki since it was the only one there and it would be a nice highlighter. It is SO PRETTY and SO PIGMENTED that I can't believe how cheap it was. If I can pick up the darker shades I will definitely use them as bronzer on top of my Chocolate Soleil for that extra dewy shimmer. I've used it all over and it is beautiful.
Also, since I needed a new eyeliner, I picked up this last Hard Candy product. It's called Stroke of Gorgeous and it lives up to its name. It's basically a felt pen and it is very easy to control. The liner comes off matte and dark. It is so perfect. I would have picked up the new Maybelline eyeliner but I couldn't find it in very black (which is the only color I will ever pick up basic eyeliner).

There are so many makeup products that I want to try. I've already picked up all the Revlon lip butters that I wanted, and I have two out of the 4 or 5 color tattoo 24 hour cream shadow. And yesterday I picked up the Illegal Lengths mascara. I'm excited to try it because of the "fiber extensions".

I would love to try the Maybelline master precise ink pen, Volum' Express turbo boost mascara, and the tattoo cream shadow in the shades pomegranate punk, audacious asphalt, and edgy emerald.

Also I'm super excited to get my hands on the new Too Faced Summer Eye Summertime Sexy Eyeshadow palette. The color are so pretty and perfect. This is the first time I have actually really wanted a Too Faced eyeshadow palette. I mean, I already have the Naked palette and they do so many palettes with neutral or natural colors. There's the smokey eyeshadow one that I really have been wanting but I could get a deal on one of those on eBay for sure.

I honestly have nothing going on socially. I'm not going to tell the story about the guy I met because that turned into a bust. I think it was just one of those things that came my way to help me ease out of the break up and transition into a better mood.

It's not like I didn't feel like shit after the break up and while that situation with the new boy was fading. If anyone follows my tumblr they'll see my depressed days and then my recovery.

But I am in a much better mood than I could ever have been otherwise. I have to thank my cousin for that because she really wanted me to stay away from secluding myself for a couple of days. I don't know where my mind would be if she hadn't occupied my time.

I'm also trying to get in touch with some people I haven't talked to in a while. It's funny that people say that you shouldn't stop talking to your friends because you're in a relationship but I feel like some friends make that hard to do. Most of my guy friends backed off once they saw I was in a relationship. It really makes no sense to me.

I love all my boys but only in a platonic way so I have no idea why they would feel the need to get away from me. Most of them even knew Steven personally so it made even less sense.

Anyway I'm back to talking to a few people that I've been missing, such as my unicorn Kyle and my old texting buddy Andrew. It's funny. I actually confessed to Andrew that I was super depressed when I came back home from college and how I was probably never going to be friends with Steven again.

Me and Andrew have a weird friendship. During junior year and the beginning of senior year I wanted to grab his intestines, rip them out, and wrap them around his mouth to keep him quiet. He thought so highly of himself and never knew how to be quiet.

He was part of ROTC with me and while we were hosting a week-long "camp" for the incoming ROTC freshmen the week before school started he would go on tangents in front of the groups, especially the first day. We had to cut him off. I almost threw a chair at him.

I think after a few talks he got the hint that being a pompous ass to new recruits was not the way to get them to listen to you. He improved over the year but I was never close with him. It wasn't until after he finished boot camp and while I was at school that we started texting him.

He's just easy to talk to because I think he's always thought highly and kindly of me even when I wanted to kill him. I'm pretty sure he was aware of the times I wanted him dead because I was very vocal about it. I cursed him out once. Ah, life. So full of surprises.

Here's a picture of me in my AFJROTC uniform:

Medals and ribbons galore! While I was looking for one of these pictures I stumbled across all the pictures I took senior year. They all make me so pumped to go back to blonde! I loved how nice my skin looked with the honeyed color.
 Here's a recent picture of me. Out of all the pictures I took that day this is the only one that is even slightly passable so here it is.


1 comment:

  1. I like your blog and subscribed. We have the same fifi bunny shirt btw :)

    ReplyDelete