Friday, April 13, 2012

I’m a Loser

I haven’t posted on here in such a long time! Mainly because I don’t do much except go out with my boyfriend once a week and spend the weekends either doing projects in the house or running errands with my mom.

I’ve done some shopping (and I’m still waiting on my Dolly Wink lashes) so I guess I’ll talk about that and maybe anything else that I go on a tangent about.

I was able to get my hands on the Viva Glam Nicki Minaj lipstick and the Ricky Martin lip conditioner (for my mom) from the MAC counter at Macy’s. Okay, usually I have a pretty good experience with MAC employees when I go into an actual STORE. But for some reasons, these people that work at the counters believe themselves to be some kinds of special snowflakes.

The first time I went there to try out their foundation (yes, I just recently started using MAC foundation and I am undeniably in love with it). I was actually assisted by a perfectly nice woman. I believe she was around my age and since I had actually done my makeup that day she didn’t treat me like a 5 year-old playing with mommy’s makeup.

I told her about my hunt for a new foundation since the one I was using was pretty pricey and did not have the finish I would have liked. She found the perfect shade for me (for the record, my cousin had been shopping with me that day and had picked the same shade; she credits her few months of cosmetology school, since she didn’t end up finishing).

After she took off my original foundation, blush and bronzer, she put the foundation all over my face and even replaced my blush. Now, I don’t know why my cousin did this because I do believe that this woman, like any other makeup artist with certification (in my state you NEED certification if you want to touch a person’s face with product), takes pride in her work, even if it just picking a foundation shade, but my cousin decided to announce, quite proudly, that was the same shade she had picked for me.

I smiled at my cousin but the woman seemed a bit insulted. I guess it was in the way my cousin had said it, but I don’t recall the words at this point. Anyway, I don’t have to mention that the woman did not make eye contact with me after (she had been joking around with us and everything).

This time when I went in to pick up the lipstick and lip conditioner I just got indifferent service. There wasn’t even a display for these products. They were just by the register and the place was pretty jammed. When I asked one of the ladies if they even had any in stock (I couldn’t see the cash register counter since there were about 4 women crowding around for some reason), the lady pointed over to the group and I said I would like both. She just turned and walked to the register.

I think the dumbest part was that even though there were two registers she waited for the register that was currently in use to be available. I have no idea what those 4 women were crowding about but it took a good 10 minutes for them to move along.

I don’t get this aloofness from these people! If I had done my makeup and didn’t just have a lip stain on I’m sure I would’ve gotten a parade. It’s such a pain.

2012-04-06 20.07.32

The MAC counter is right in front of the shoe department at Macy’s. So after I bought my little nuggets of beauty me and my mom made a trip around the shoes. We had to stop at the Carlos Santana display. His shoes are usually always beautiful and unbelievably comfortable. I was able to buy a pair but I had to have it shipped from inventory because I wasn’t going to bring home the raggedy looking displays.

2012-04-10 15.08.04

I wore them this Tuesday when I went out with Steven. I hate how I haven’t been taking pictures of my makeup or anything. I had just gotten back into it and now here I am being lazy all over again.

2012-04-06 16.53.14

We also bought a pretty cherry tree from Lowe’s. Me and my mom wanted to buy a tree that would have pretty flowers. This is also the same kind of tree that was in front of our condo before it had to be cut down because of damage from a tornado. I remember how I would walk home from the bus stop when the weather started getting warm and the pink flowers of the tree would flutter. It made me feel like I was in a movie or something.

2012-04-09 20.49.50

These are two out of the three belly rings I was supposed to get. They sent me the wrong third belly ring so I have to contact the store. That kind of sucks since the third one had pearls and pink Swarovski crystals.

2012-04-09 20.47.06

This picture makes me so sad! The big container on the right contains my diamond stud that I managed to drop down the drain! And after an hour and a half I couldn’t change my nose ring. So now I probably have to go back to get it re-pierced or something because I have no jewelry in the piercing. This really was a waste of money. That diamond cost me $45 and getting my nose pierced again will be $25 if I go to the same place.

Steven said he would take me to get my nose pierced again so I’ll have to remind him and see when he’s willing to actually take me. He said he would pay for it too but I’ll take out my cash before he does. He’s too much of a gentleman sometimes and I love it.

Talking about wasting money, I bought the Prince Royce CD digitally and also ordered it off of Amazon to be sent to my house. I also bought two books and the most recent Bobby V. CD so I could get super saver free shipping.

Something else that is super exciting is that I’m going to see my favorite cousin on Saturday and we are going shopping! I will be going to Sephora and maybe back to that horrid MAC counter to pick up some things. I also have to buy my boyfriend his birthday present since his birthday is on the 22nd. My cousin enjoys shopping for boys just as much as I do so this will be a team effort to get him a nice gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment