Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Fabulous Night

Well, I could hardly hold in my excitement until 5 on Friday because I just wanted to see Steven so badly already! But I had to help in painting my room, a lamp, and doing some stenciling on my mom's new mirror. I even showered super early so I could do my makeup and fix up my hair and pick an outfit. I was actually done by exactly 5pm. I'm a loser.


This was my makeup for the day. I basically only used my naked palette (half baked and dark horse) and a black color from my 88 matte color palette on my eyes and Rimmel's airy fairy lipstick and some VS lip gloss. Looking all sultry and whatnot to go chill at his house and go to Outback steakhouse. That's how I do.

We sat in his room for a bit and talked and cuddled and watched Halloween 2. Then we were both super hungry so we went to Outback steakhouse just to have to wait about a half hour to eat. I've only been to Outback once before and I don't understand why because they have some delicious bread and they're known for some bomb steak and unbelievable ribs.

I'm actually quite upset that I've been missing out. PERO Steven asked me to be his girlfriend so now I'm pretty sure I'll be frequenting the place quite often. OMG.

Honestly, I'm super happy and whatever and told all the people that mattered in my life yesterday and today about it. And then we made it "Facebook official". Now I just want to delete my FB because I have always hated it and aside from laughing at the stuff people put on there I just don't want to have to deal with any drama that might come from having a relationship public on FB.

I just got my FB in August (I actually did have one at the end of freshman year but I quickly forgot the password and who knows if it's still floating around because nobody keeps track of usage like the used to do on MySpace) and now I'm truly regretting it. I HATE the idea that people I don't like are going to know my business. So you know what I do on there all the time? Troll on my best friend's wall.

But it is out there now and I can't just get rid of it like I wanted to do since like a week after I got it. Also, I feel like the older you get the less excited you get about being in a new relationship. I mean, I was super happy when I found out that Steven liked me (and for so long) but like what the hell do I care about letting everyone know that we're together?

I mean, when you were like 14 and had a boyfriend you went around telling everybody. You even rubbed it in the face of that bitch that had a boyfriend every week and couldn't stop complaining about how much she wanted the perfect relationship. Damn, she was a dumb broad. But aside from the excitement and glow you got from telling everyone, what was the point?

Now that everyone knew, they all had something new to talk about, concoct rumors about. People placed bets on how long relationships would last depending on the people involved. They would also guess who would be most pissed off about it. You know there were some heartbroken, spiteful kids waiting to rip apart your happiness by just letting a word or two slip about something that had nothing to do with the couple in the first place.

I won't lie. I have placed bets before. Let's be honest. I'm not going to pretend to be happy that the girl with the commitment issues just got with one of the sweetest boys in school. She'll be doing some things to wreck his mind. And who's going to root for the player guy getting with that intelligent cute girl?

My point is that as you get older you realize that letting your business out into the world only makes things harder on you and your loved ones. I admit, I have FB and twitter but when I'm having fun, enjoying my night I'm nowhere near a computer or my phone. I'm not updating the world on what I'm doing because I'm too busy doing it!

Can we just go back to those times when we would take out a camera and snap pictures while everyone was enjoying themselves and not necessarily posing, going to the drugstore to develop those pictures, and frame the pictures or put them in albums for us and those that we took the pictures with to enjoy?

I swear, all I see are people trying to hard to impress people that aren't even important. Me and Steven took two pictures together and then went back to enjoying each other. Those pictures went up today (or actually yesterday since it's already 3am), not right after we took them!

I can keep going on and on about social networking sites. I use them, sure, but I don't abuse them. My "friends" don't need to know everything about my life. It's just not necessary. Leave some mystery! People that went to school with me believe I am a sweet, smart girl that would never get involved with drugs or alcohol. They believe I am very innocent. And I am not about to prove them wrong.

Reputation is important. One day it will either get you a job or make you lose your job opportunities


I got so off topic! But here's Big Bang so it makes up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment