Friday, March 2, 2012

The Night Before the Date

I'm so excited to see Steven tomorrow (well, later, really)!! I swear he saw me all senior year looking beautiful or a straight up bum in school but now I make so much effort so that my face looks amazing.

After my shower I decided to use Freeman's Pineapple Facial Enzyme Mask again this time. I couldn't tell a difference the last time I used it so I decided to wash it off with a wash cloth so I could at least get some exfoliation from it. It says it "restores radiant skin" but I don't know how.

I actually really like the little sample of Premier's Cinderella Mask I got from my February Glam Bag. It made my skin super soft, hydrated, and free of oil for a few hours. The only problem was that when I got home I noticed a zit on my forehead. Nothing major since it was making its first appearance. I'm not sure whether it was from the Pineapple Mask or the Cinderella Mask.

Anyway, aside from the mask I didn't do anything else special with my face. Since we are going out and I'll be doing something Saturday too I decided to straighten my hair. I love having my hair straight but it really takes a long time! And because of that I like to know that I will get the full benefit of having pretty hair by having people see it on the two days that it looks nice.

I don't know what it is but when my hair is straight it gets greasier faster. I really try not to touch the roots and brush it whenever I can but it still gets nasty by the end of the second day. I could still go out with it on the third day but I feel icky.

Not to mention that no matter what I do to my hair nothing will actually keep it as beautifully straight as when I first straighten it! I do use John Frieda's Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight which keeps all the major kinks out of my hair but I still do need to iron the ends straight if I sleep without a dubee.

Sigh. I work so hard to make it look effortless.

What did I do today? Nothing, really. All the paint was bought late but my mom still wanted to paint her room like the loca that she is. I'm not that impulsive so I just waited for my fried bacalao and kept finding more cute blogs to follow.

That is something I did today! I began following lots of blogs that are interested in Japanese fashion. And I also started wondering why I keep a Facebook and a Twitter when it pains me to look at either of the feeds. I feel physically ill every time. I just got my Facebook in August and I just can't.


Also, is it possible to hire a woman to live in my house and thread my eyebrows? Threading makes it so my hairs don't grow back for a week (unlike plucking and waxing). Plus, it is nowhere near as painful.

I have nothing to talk about. =/ Steven was being super cute today when I talked to him. Oh! Since his birthday is during baseball season I have decided to get us tickets to a Red Sox v. Yankees game! So exciting. We're both Red Sox fans and we both love Dustin Pedroia so I can't imagine doing anything more fun with him. Plus, it is a Sunday game so if we could be there for the weekend just to chill in Boston it would be perfect.

I'm really just excited to see him tomorrow. And to come up with a nice makeup look. I have no false lashes anymore (I threw them away when I was moving) so I'll have to pack on the mascara. Maybe I'll do a very sultry golden goddess type of thing. That sounds so weird. We're not going anywhere fancy but I still want to look nice for him.

Isn't that so weird? This is a guy that was basically my best guy friend my senior year of high school (and who simultaneously had a crush on me) and now we're talking about being in a relationship. Isn't that almost every girl's dream? For her to date her best friend?

I do admit it is a bit bittersweet. I mean, I know about his past and his last girlfriend. I actually met her and thought she was very nice. I gave Steven advice as how to make his relationship with her work. So now whenever I'm with him I have a stupid bug in the back of my mind that wonders if he still thinks about her. Does anything that I do remind him of her?

It's just something that no one tells you about this kind of relationship. But I'm still happy. He seems to really be into me and has something new to tell me that he likes about me. So I guess unless either one of those change I don't have anything to worry about.

2 comments: